Cebu City is very famous of its beautiful beaches and pre-historic establishments with rich history and tradition. Aside from these, Cebu City is very famous of these two attractions that you can see in the South of Cebu – the Canyoneering and Whale Shark.
Whale Shark Watching
Oslob Whale Shark Watching is the most popular and controversial tourist spot in South of Cebu. A lot of critics and controversies were thrown to the Whale Shark Watching in Oslob since the gentle giants were fed planktons by the hands of the boatmen's and this can cause to make them dependent and stay in the area longer as what have the economist have said. Despite all of these controversies, a lot of locals and foreign are still going to Oslob to watch and swim together with the Whale Sharks. And the tourism in Oslob is booming with this said activity.
NOTE: (for Whale Shark Watching)
- DON’T touch or ride on the whale sharks.
- DON’T use flash when taking a picture.
- DON’T put sunblock lotion on any part of your body. Some of its contents maybe harmful to the whale-sharks. If you had put your sunblock on, you must remove it at the shower stations near the briefing area.
- DON’T throw any kind of trash in the water. The whale shark may accidentally swallow it and will harm them.
- NO feeding from tourist boats.
- YOU can swim with the whale sharks but do not get closer or block their path to keep them safe from any danger. A minimum of 4 meters away from the whale sharks are allowed.
- A maximum of 6 swimmers per whale shark is allowed and only 1 boat per whale shark.
Canyoneering in Kawasan is very famous because of the fact that it is very challenging and considered as an extreme adventure by some people who have tried Canyoning in Kawasan. You will be jumping lots of waterfalls on your way to reach the end of your Canyoneering and the trail isn’t that easy so you must be extra careful.
NOTE: (for Canyoneering in Kawasan)
- DON’T forget to wear safety gears such as helmet, life vest and aqua shoes or any shoes that you are comfortable to wear (since the trail won’t be easy to walk with all the slippery rocks there is).
- DON’T just jump whenever you like or feel to jump. Ask your guide’s permission first before doing anything. It’s for your own safety.
- PACK light things and store them on a dry bag.
- WEEKENDS can be chaotic with all the tourist both local and foreign will be there to enjoy canyoneering too so avoid weekend if you want to explore and enjoy your canyoneering adventure.
- YOU will need to jump into water from a high place ranging from 15 to 30 feet high.
Make sure to experience these two awesome tourist attractions and destinations in the South of Cebu City. Canyoneering and Whale Shark are both known internationally so expect a lot of tourist to be there when you visit.